from Jana P via Dr Misnuneris
[I am sure they both won't mind me copying this here - the last section of mishaps especially is most intriguing]
Dear Dr Misnuneris,
I wanted to say a very big thank you for the 2 tickets you left at the
Cottesloe for me to see Exiles: what an interesting play. I focused very
hard on your research and tried to jot down every possible mishap I came
upon.
I have grouped them into a variety of categories, here goes:
1. Audience mishaps
There was a lady sitting in front of me in the auditorium who wore her
cloakroom ticket hanging from her glasses - very strange
Lots of audience members dropped things or squirmed on their seats resulting
in squeaks and other sounds
A watch ticked VERY loudly in the audience towards the start of the play
2. Acting mishaps
At one point there was a offstage door knock which I think came far too
early. The actors ignored it until they had completed a few more lines of
dialogue!
One actor spilt some whiskey on the chaise longue prop.
The match wouldn't light until after a few tries, as one actor attempted to
light the cigarette of another actor.
3. Inexplicable mishaps
At three distinct points in the play, there was a very bizarre sound which
was a mixture of a mobile phone ring tone and fairground ride ambient music.
This was coming from somewhere in the back of the auditorium and was quite
disturbing.
4. Rabbit-related mishaps
For me this was the most interesting area of mishappening. I understand from
Rabbit that you are corresponding together so hopefully this will make some
sense to you. I'm helping Rabbit to explore a mystery and certain clues have
become apparent. For example, lines of text hidden places etc. Imagine my
surprise when I heard these words repeated within the dialogue of the play!
Also some of the themes and motifs in Exiles are VERY relevant to the events
taking place in Rabbit's investigation.
Dear Dr Misnuneris,
I wanted to say a very big thank you for the 2 tickets you left at the
Cottesloe for me to see Exiles: what an interesting play. I focused very
hard on your research and tried to jot down every possible mishap I came
upon.
I have grouped them into a variety of categories, here goes:
1. Audience mishaps
There was a lady sitting in front of me in the auditorium who wore her
cloakroom ticket hanging from her glasses - very strange
Lots of audience members dropped things or squirmed on their seats resulting
in squeaks and other sounds
A watch ticked VERY loudly in the audience towards the start of the play
2. Acting mishaps
At one point there was a offstage door knock which I think came far too
early. The actors ignored it until they had completed a few more lines of
dialogue!
One actor spilt some whiskey on the chaise longue prop.
The match wouldn't light until after a few tries, as one actor attempted to
light the cigarette of another actor.
3. Inexplicable mishaps
At three distinct points in the play, there was a very bizarre sound which
was a mixture of a mobile phone ring tone and fairground ride ambient music.
This was coming from somewhere in the back of the auditorium and was quite
disturbing.
4. Rabbit-related mishaps
For me this was the most interesting area of mishappening. I understand from
Rabbit that you are corresponding together so hopefully this will make some
sense to you. I'm helping Rabbit to explore a mystery and certain clues have
become apparent. For example, lines of text hidden places etc. Imagine my
surprise when I heard these words repeated within the dialogue of the play!
Also some of the themes and motifs in Exiles are VERY relevant to the events
taking place in Rabbit's investigation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home