Thursday, August 10, 2006

from Jana P

I have been puzzling over the man in the 'Music in the Foyer' photo. I've spent some time looking up Henry Irving on the internet ("Kingsway" was codename for Henry Irving when he played Richard II). Irving was active in the theatre until his death in 1905. A Henry Irving website describes him: "a tall, slender figure‹about 6' 2"‹with hair worn longer than was customary, a clean-shaven chin‹again unusual for the times‹a long, strikingly sensitive face and a dominant, rather sardonic, presence which both fascinated and intimidated". Not dissimilar to the man in the foyer photo?! Also, the attire is consistent with that which Irving would have worn at that time. Has the famous actor reappeared on a number of occasions throughout history? Is it he who dropped the NTT fragment for Jenny? Did he want to steal her eyes? NTT..."National Theatre in Time?" Could the TT stand for Time Travel!?! It's still a mystery...

I listened to the second triangulated fragment, here's what I got: "The material world is an illusion, what counts is the world of dreams"...now then, here's a very Cartesian viewpoint. For it was Descartes who noted that because his dreams were vivid and indistinguishable from waking experience, there was no reason to assume that the material world was any more 'real' than the world of dreams...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home