Saturday, August 19, 2006

from Matty W

...Nina was superb, especially when she was in a flap, flapping her hands around like wings without feathers. Why Jenny would connect with such a tragic figure, I don't yet know. I've forwarded my mishaps report to Dr Misnuneris for his studies.

One thing I mentioned to him was Masha's character - always wearing little black sunglasses. If you blurred your eyes it was almost like she just had holes where the eyeballs should be, as if they'd been stolen. She was the only person to accept the futility of her life, but in her resigned removal finding solace, albeit in fags, booze, dancing and flirting. Like so many. The play reminded me of something a famous Greek bloke once said: "Your character is your destiny." Or as Jenny would believe "Your destiny is your character."

I wonder if anyone has observed us, the curious Society of Foyer Users, skuttling about the Foyer (Not The Theatre), creating a play consisting entirely of mishaps. Perhaps we would look like the Chorus of Furies (Stage by Stage, 1981), searching blindly for clues. All the world is a stage indeed...

The Last scene of all,/That ends this strange eventful histroy,/Is second childishness and mere oblivion,/Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything. Nonetheless, i've kept September 2nd free. I hope curiosity doesn't kill the cat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home