from Rhys S
I have discovered that the words written on the back of my ticket
The rilulous mouse is unwell, and the mountains are in labour
is also be a reference to Much Ado About Nothing since Sir Roger L'Estrange's translation of Aesop's Fable: A Mountain in Labor is slightly different to George Fyler Townsend's;
When Mountains cry out, People may well be excus'd the Apprehension of some prodigious Birth. This was the Case here in the Fable. The Neighbourhood were all at their Wits end, to consider what would be the Issue of that Labour, and instead of the dreadful Monster that they expected, out comes at last a ridiculous Mouse.
Moral: Much Ado about Nothing
However, a couple of things about the text on the ticket bothers me. Firstly I can find no mention of the word unwell in any translation and also that "ridulous" was substituted for ridiculous. I have been speculating about the significance of unwell, and I was wondering if it could refer to a production of Much Ado About Nothing at the National Theatre where something went wrong of particular significance to recent occurrences, or as Misnuneris would put it, there was a mishap? However, I have tried searcing for Much Ado About Nothing at the National Theatre, and I cannot find anything amiss. Do you think it is worth me continuing this search?
As for ridulous, I have searched and searched but as far as I can see it is not even a real word. Do you think that ridiculous was spelt incorrectly, and it is simply another mishap?
Also, I stumbled across this article below while searching for an alternative meaning of Kingsway
http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/?lid=9149
It is titled The Winding Road to King's Reach by Richard Findlater (1977). Do you think this winding road to the King's Reach could also be described as the King's Way?
The rilulous mouse is unwell, and the mountains are in labour
is also be a reference to Much Ado About Nothing since Sir Roger L'Estrange's translation of Aesop's Fable: A Mountain in Labor is slightly different to George Fyler Townsend's;
When Mountains cry out, People may well be excus'd the Apprehension of some prodigious Birth. This was the Case here in the Fable. The Neighbourhood were all at their Wits end, to consider what would be the Issue of that Labour, and instead of the dreadful Monster that they expected, out comes at last a ridiculous Mouse.
Moral: Much Ado about Nothing
However, a couple of things about the text on the ticket bothers me. Firstly I can find no mention of the word unwell in any translation and also that "ridulous" was substituted for ridiculous. I have been speculating about the significance of unwell, and I was wondering if it could refer to a production of Much Ado About Nothing at the National Theatre where something went wrong of particular significance to recent occurrences, or as Misnuneris would put it, there was a mishap? However, I have tried searcing for Much Ado About Nothing at the National Theatre, and I cannot find anything amiss. Do you think it is worth me continuing this search?
As for ridulous, I have searched and searched but as far as I can see it is not even a real word. Do you think that ridiculous was spelt incorrectly, and it is simply another mishap?
Also, I stumbled across this article below while searching for an alternative meaning of Kingsway
http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/?lid=9149
It is titled The Winding Road to King's Reach by Richard Findlater (1977). Do you think this winding road to the King's Reach could also be described as the King's Way?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home