Wednesday, August 16, 2006

from Kate B











I am still in the dark as to what exactly has happened to Jenny,
although it evidently has something to do with shadows. When I look at
the CCTV footage I notice that she is walking into the shadows cast
between the two footlights to the pillar, so maybe the shadows have
swallowed her up?

The triangulations are very interesting. I have heard the following on
the NTT blog:

'If you stand by the back wall of the locker, the light's better
there.' 'I've told you: the material world is an illusion. What counts is the
world of dreams.'

Also, on the NT website, there is a 404: page not found link, which
features the same jangly version of 'There's No Business Like
Showbusiness' that appears in the background of the NT box office phone
number and the triangulations (is this the same music that Jenny heard
playing from the Jazz pianist??). Over this, there are the words: 'Does
this place look dark to you? No, I can see a sort of faint, grey
light.' On that page there is a note saying that I have followed the right link
but that material may be hidden. It suggests I go to
http://website-archive2.nt-online.org/kingsway, but that link doesn't
work. Who knows what is at work here? I have tried calling the number
on the page, but cannot currently make sense of it. Kingsway is the word
scratched on to the picture of Ian McKellan which I found yesterday, in
the corridor behind the water fountain.

I do wonder if the extra 'T' may stand for terraces - maybe there is
something happening on the NT terraces on 2 September - when I search
on Late Lounge, I notice that Lady Simone is playing on 2 September, the
date on the fragment of ticket. The terraces are also very shadowy
places - especially at night. Looking at the theatre from the outside,
when it is lit up, the shadows are breathtaking. Who knows if this is
relevant or not - but I thought I would mention it, more for my own
reference than anything else. If I write everything down then maybe
something will fall into place...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home