Monday, July 31, 2006

from Jana

I just did a search through “As You Like It” (which contains the ‘All the world’s a stage’ monologue). I looked for references to Shadows.
Here’s what I found:

“No, that same wicked bastard of Venus that was begot
of thought, conceived of spleen and born of madness,
that blind rascally boy that abuses every one's eyes
because his own are out, let him be judge how deep I
am in love. I'll tell thee, Aliena, I cannot be out
of the sight of Orlando: I'll go find a shadow and
sigh till he come.”

This is comment made by Rosalind about her love for Orlando. Interesting because it refers to shadows and sighs (whispers?). But also the reference to a “blind rascally boy that abuses every one’s eyes because his own are out” (Cupid?) could link to the foyer man who wants to steal Jenny’s eyes? Maybe Jenny is in love with the mysterious W? Her last blog refers to ‘saying yes to W’...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home